This program is open to all alumni of Claremont Graduate University. For the purposes of this policy, alumni are CGU students who have earned a CGU degree or certificate and are not currently enrolled in a degree program at CGU. Participants in degree programs at CGU are considered current students regardless if the student has earned a previous degree from CGU. For these individuals, continuing student policies and procedures apply. Individuals who previously attended CGU, but did not receive a degree, are not considered alumni for the purpose of this policy.
- Alumni may only enroll as non-degree seeking students to utilize this benefit.
- Enrollment requests must be made by the following deadlines for each academic term, with all forms filled out, by:
- Spring: December 15
- Summer: April 20
- Fall: August 5
- Enrollment must be finalized by the first day of the semester (unless an exception is granted by the course instructor).
- The free units must be used by the end of spring semester 2022.
The 4 free units must all be used in the same semester.
- Books and meals are not included in the gift. If an alumnus wishes to take an EMBA course with catering, they will assessed a catering fee as part of their participation in the course.
- All enrollments are subject to availability and approval.
- Drucker alumni who have already participated in the Drucker Lifelong Learning Initiative are also eligible to participate in the CGU Alumni Lifelong Learning Initiative.
- Alumni can either earn units with a letter grade for the course or a satisfactory/unsatisfactory mark. This credit may be applied to a future degree program or a certificate program. Alumni also have the option of taking the course as an audit, receiving a mark of either “AU” or “U”.*
- The deadline to drop courses is the add/drop date of the given semester. Withdrawal following the add/drop deadline results in a failed audit or W (withdraw) for the credit-bearing option. This is considered enrollment and usage of the benefit.
- The Lifelong Learning Program does not allow for Visa consideration.
- Independent study-type classes, or classes which require an enrollment contract for registration are not eligible.
- Cross-registration in other courses at the other Claremont Colleges is not permitted under the Lifelong Learning program.
*Courses in the Drucker School of Management may only be taken for credit; course audits are not available.