The health and safety of our community continues to be the foremost priority. CGU will continue to follow the guidance for higher education provided by the Los Angeles County of Public Health.
Vaccinations against COVID are required for all CGU community members. We will inform our community a COVID-19 vaccines are made available by Student Health Services.
If you are feeling ill, please refrain from coming to campus.
Thank you for your help in keeping the CGU community safe.
The majority of classes will be taught in the online flex modality. Please check the class schedule and with your instructor for details.
For enrolled students – If you do not see your class in Canvas, please ensure you are registered for the class, and contact the faculty member if you need assistance.
All travel must be approved by the provost or area vice president.
Faculty Research Travel
CGU is committed to supporting essential travel that advances faculty members’ research, education, and professional opportunities. At the same time, faculty travel during the pandemic poses unique personal and social responsibilities and logistical challenges. As global citizens, we each have a responsibility to the communities we visit and live within, and we are each responsible for the impact of our actions. This checklist is designed to help you make informed, responsible decisions, prior to traveling. Completion of this checklist is required for receiving reimbursement for university-sponsored travel.
When you have successfully completed and signed your checklist, a copy will be emailed to you automatically.
Please see the Faculty Travel Checklist and Travel Registry.
Please keep apprised of changing requirements regarding both international and domestic travel. CGU will adhere to the latest Los Angeles County travel guidance, regardless of if that information is included in the CGU COVID-19 process documentation.
We encourage anyone who is planning travel to fill out the university’s Travel Registration Form. This will allow CGU to contact you in the event of a significant emergency or changing circumstances related to your travel destination.
The CGU Facilities team continues to implement best practices for cleaning and sanitation in line with CDC and local health department guidance.
Optum-Coping-with-a-Public-Health-Event-Coronavirus.pdf is a guide that provides a helpful explanation of the current coronavirus outbreak from UnitedHealth Group. Also included are toll-free numbers for emotional support, checklists of things you should know and steps to help keep you healthy, as well as links to public health resources.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Everyone is encouraged to follow the health and safety guidelines shared by the CDC and the Public Health Department.
COVID – Preventing Infections
The commitment to the health and safety of our community is paramount. We encourage everyone to continue following guidelines designed to prevent infections.
If you are not feeling well, please stay home and contact your appropriate health care provider.
If you suspect you might be infected with the COVID-19 virus, call your doctor’s office, urgent care, or the emergency room for advice on whether you should seek medical attention. CGU insurance providers have published Remote Visit Information. To minimize the risk of spreading infection, medical facilities want to ensure that they are prepared before you arrive to seek treatment.
CGU COVID-19 Campus Communications
- Office of Marketing & Communications: Modification to CGU Indoor Masking Policy (3/4/2022)
- Office of Human Resources: Update on CGU Masking Policy (2/25/2022)
- Dean of Students: Spring 2022 – Temporary modified return to campus (1/7/2022)
- Office of Marketing & Communications: CGU COVID Update, January 2022 (1/7/2022)
- Office of Marketing & Communications: COVID-19 & CGU––Winter Break and Beyond (12/10/2021)
- Office of Marketing & Communications: Answering Your Questions From Our COVID Webinar (8/30/2021)
- Office of Marketing & Communications: Additional Guidance Regarding Return to Campus (8/25/2021)
- Office of the Provost: Fall 2021 Return: Provost Message to Faculty (8/20/2021)
- Office of Human Resources: Reminder: Campus Requirements (8/18/21)
- Dean of Students: Immediate Action Required by All CGU Students | Fall 2021 Compliance (8/17/21)
- Office of Human Resources: Guidance for Campus Reopening (8/10/21)
- Office of the President: CGU Vaccination Update (7/28/21)
- Office of the President: Updated Links: Return to Campus Protocol (7/20/21)
- Office of Human Resources: Face Coverings required inside CGU buildings for all individuals (7/16/21)
- Office of Human Resources: Cal/OSHA UPDATES (7/12/21)
- Office of the President: CGU Return to Campus Update (5/6/21)