MBA, University of Phoenix (Business Administration/Marketing), 2006
BA, Weber State University, (Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations) 2000

ASHA’ (PRONOUNCED ASIA) JONES

Hello CGU Community! I am Asha’Jones, a PhD student in the School of Educational Studies. I am beyond excited to serve you in the 2022-2023 academic year. 

Here is a little bit about me. Asha’ Jones is a PhD student at San Diego State University and Claremont Graduate University in Education, emphasizing Student Affairs, Urban Leadership, and Higher Education. Her research interests expand to how mentorship shapes Black girls’ academic success in and out of the educational space.

Asha’ received her Master of Business Administration, with an emphasis in Marketing, from the University of Phoenix, Ogden, Utah, and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Weber State University, Ogden, Utah. As a first-generation college student, Ashá is interested in developing diversity, cultural, academic, and career programming with unique opportunities to work with and associate with diverse communities.

She is always full of great ideas and endless energy. Her motto is, “From the streets to the suites.” You will hear her say this repeatedly to the students and people she serves within the workplace and community. You may wonder why she says this. Well, here is the answer, “As a first-generation college student who came from the streets, my education has been able to take me to the suites of life, whether that has been in the classroom, workplace, or community.