January 20, 2022

January Mentorship Spotlight: Syrina Robinson

Syrina Robinson, featured above, is a graduate student at CGU majoring in music with a concentration in historical performance practices. Syrina was born and raised in Rancho Cucamonga, California. She has been playing the flute for 14 years and she loves studying and playing music. She works full time as a teacher in training at an elementary school. Education is important to her. She also loves to go to the gym and try new restaurants and coffee shops when she’s not studying for exams.

About peer mentoring she says, “Peer mentoring is important to me because I have always found comfort in knowing that peer resources are available in my academic institutions. It feels good to have another student to relate to at your university. A piece of advice I would share to an incoming student at CGU is to take walks and explore around campus and the Claremont Village. The Claremont Colleages are all so beautiful and I find so much peace when walking around the campus and taking time to breathe in that fresh Claremont air.”

Categories

Share