CGU student health insurance plan (SHIP) through UnitedHealthCare is required for all domestic (U.S. citizens, permanent residents and undocumented) students, unless eligible for an exemption or waiver.
- Plan Brochure (click here to view cost & coverages): View PDF
- UHC Certificate (contract between UHC and student): View PDF
Who is Exempt from the Policy?
Students who are enrolled in less than six units; in a traditional online program that was fully online prior to COVID-19; doctoral study (course 499: Doctoral Study); or continuous registration (course 400M: Continuous Registration) are exempt AND not required to enroll or submit a waiver form.
Who is Eligible for a Waiver?
Students who are enrolled in six or more units of coursework, and have comparable coverage can apply to waive out of the domestic insurance plan. If the student’s existing coverage meets the minimum requirements, the waiver management system will remove them from being enrolled. Examples of coverage that will meet the minimum requirements:
- Any Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant coverage
- Medical insurance purchased through the California health insurance exchange – Covered California.
- Medical insurance through an employer, spouse or parents.
- Student veterans enrolled in the VA Health Care program. Confirmation from the VA Office should be provided as proof of coverage.
- American Indian students receiving coverage from Indian Health Services. Tribal card can be provided as proof of coverage.
Students interested in learning more about comparable insurance plans (i.e. Medi-Cal or Covered California) should contact the SLDL Office at email@example.com for enrollment information.
The waiver period is open once per academic year, and is required each year of enrollment at CGU.
Students who are exempt, or who lose their private insurance and want to enroll in the university plan should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students can also contact UnitedHealthCare’s customer service at 1-800-767-0700 or email@example.com.
The Claremont Colleges offers 7C.Health – telehealth/online medical and counseling services to all CGU students- to expand and supplement services currently available at the Student Health Services Center. Campus.Health makes it easy for students to get quality medical and mental health care online or from their phone, anytime they need it.
Students now have access to 7C.Health, which provides 24/7 medical and mental telehealth care for all students at no cost! To get started, visit Campus.Health. Click here to register and use the service when you need it. Students please see your campus email or contact the Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.