Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, Enterprise Risk Management—Integrated Framework, September 2004
More information about Risk Management Terms is available online.
Policies and Procedures
In an effort to ensure that all faculty and staff are informed of CGU’s current Policies and Procedures, the Office of ERM utilizes PolicyStat to catalog all CGU policies, procedures into one central library. We urge you to visit CGU’s PolicyStat website and look through all of our policies and procedures.
The mission of the Office of Enterprise Risk Management is to promote safety and to protect and preserve Claremont Graduate University assets and resources, both human and financial, by:
- Partnering with the academic and business units to promptly identify, understand, and measure the risks they face.
- Working collaboratively to formulate best practices to manage, report, and monitor these risks.
- Implementing a variety of methods to prevent and reduce risk (such as loss control; contractual transfer) on a continual and periodic basis.
- Providing quality service to enable the business units to meet CGU’s strategic, operational, and financial goals.
- Protect the capital base by ensuring that risks are not taken beyond CGU’s tolerance.
- Enhance CGU’s value creation and contribute to an optimal risk-return profile by providing the basis for excellent capital development.
- Support CGU’s decision-making processes by providing consistent, reliable and timely information.
- Protect CGU’s reputation and brand by promoting a sound culture of risk awareness and disciplined risk taking.
The actions we will take to reduce the adverse effects of unpredictable events are:
- Assist in the prompt and appropriate response to all incidences including all property, liability, and other casualty incidents.
- Assist the academic/business units to develop loss prevention, safety programs, and University-wide training about ERM.
- Manage appropriate insurance programs in conjunction with Claremont University Consortium (CUC) Risk Management.
- Review contractual language relating to indemnification, transfer of risk, and other matters.