What We Do
The Office of Student Engagement at Claremont Graduate University is a cross-functional, integrated unit, that partners with academic departments, student services, student affairs, academic support offices and enrollment services to provide an exceptional experience across the graduate student life cycle.
More specifically, the Student Engagement team supports new student enrollment activities, and advances student success initiatives aimed at increasing retention, persistence and graduation rates.
Through our office, prospective students can learn more about what makes CGU unique as a graduate institution and register for webinars, information sessions and get connected to a recruiter to speak more about the admissions process. Current students at CGU can seek out our office to learn more about the resources that can help them flourish in their academic work and/or how to get engaged with the larger campus and student life community.
Our team of Student Support Specialists are uniquely assigned to an academic school at CGU to ensure that students have a specialist that they can turn to for any questions they may have as they navigate the graduate school experience. Our team is deeply committed to your success while at CGU and we look forward to supporting you throughout your journey.
- Offer support to prospective students
- Promote and register students for admissions events
- Connect students with admissions representatives
- Be an ambassador for the academic units across the University
Ensure Student Success
- Offer pre-advising for new students
- Provide check-in calls to all First-Year students and continuous registered students
- Connect students to resources across the consortium and at CGU
- Host monthly events to connect with current students
Enhance the Graduate Student Experience
- Manage the Flourish in Your First Year Experience program
- Connect students to academic resources
- Build a community of support for students