How do I login to The Work Number?
- Start by going to https://employees.theworknumber.com
- Select “Log In” and follow the simple prompts
- Enter the Employer code 22513
- If this is your first time – pick “Register Now”
- If a returning user – enter your username and password you set up.
- The screens prompts will walk you through all the steps to help verify your identity and keep your account private while offering helpful messages if you have problems.
- Quick Guide to the Work Number
- Employee Work Number Guide
- Annual Performance Evaluation Process (Managers)
- Annual Performance Evaluation Process (Employees)
- Add Emergency Contact Information
- Access Payslips and Change Payslip Printing Election
- Add/Edit Contact Information
- Access W-2
- Add Worklets in Workday’s homepage
- Change Legal Name
- Direct Deposit set up
- Navigate Workday Profile
- Terminated Login Instructions
- Kronos Instructions for Students
- Kronos Exempt Time Off Requests
- Kronos Manager Guide
- Common Tasks for Managers and Approvers
- Kronos Time Card Correction Form
- Kronos Time Card Historical Correction Form
- Kronos request time off hourly employees
- Removing Approval from time cards
- CA Meal penalty waiver
|Assistant VP for Human Resources
|Human Resources Supervisor
|Human Resources Specialist
|HR Student Employee
The Hiring Process:
To recruit a student for a campus job, please follow the below steps, if you have any questions regarding the hiring process, feel free to contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com. All Students must fully complete the onboarding process with Human Resources before they initiate any work for the school, all worked hours MUST be recorded in the Kronos system.
- Hiring manager posts position in Handshake (review policy here).
- Once the selection process is completed, the hiring manager creates an offer letter (sample offer letter).
- Hiring manager should provide the student with a completed New Student Personnel Action Form (PAF) . Please make sure to fill out ALL boxes and sign.
- Student Employees must complete the New Hire Form and send it to the HR Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once human resources enters employees in the system. The student must complete all eight steps of the onboarding process in Workday prior to working
- Student Employee will receive two e-mails to the email provided on the New Hire form.
- Human Resources will reach out to the employee to schedule a Zoom call to do their I-9 Verification forms. Please do not send any personal information through email.
- Office of Information and Technology will create system credentials for student employees. (Please allow two business days for processing).
- Student Employee completes Student Worker Acknowledgement Form and returns to human resources (email@example.com).
- If any additional access to systems or student employee email is needed, please refer to your Hiring Manager to request access from the Office of Information and Technology.
All new students need to complete the new hire process prior to the first day of work.
Original acceptable documents that demonstrate work eligibility in the US, please see list here .
The date on the I‐9 needs to be within three days of the student’s hire date. All students need a Social Security card and email when completing their I-9.
Adding a new position for existing student worker.
- Hiring manager should provide payroll with a completed New Student Personnel Action Form (PAF) . Please make sure to fill out ALL boxes, sign, and email to payroll (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student employees are limited to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year. During the summer, students are permitted to work up to 40 hours a week.
- Only full-time CGU students may be hired.
- Student worker must reside in the U.S.A.
- Student worker must meet and complete the Form I-9 eligibility verification, prior to beginning any work assignment.
New Hire Procedures for Faculty and Staff
- Manager completes, submits Employee Requisition Form, and creates a Job description for the Human Resources Office.
- Human Resources submits to the Cabinet for approval.
- Once approved, HR will post in Workday. Allow three to four days to process.
- Manager initiates recruiting process in Workday.
- The manager will communicate to HR to initiate the background check for selected candidates.
- HR will communicate to the manager the background results.
- HR will request information to create the Job offer letter.
- HR will send the offer letter and will cc the manager via Airslate.
- Once the offer letter is signed, HR will initiate the onboarding process in Workday.
- The candidate will complete the onboarding process in Workday.
- HR will set up a time to review the candidate’s I-9 documents.
- HR will create the candidate’s Peoplesoft ID.
- The hiring manager will request OIT to provide any system or drive access.
- MPN Handbook and Acknowledgment of Receipt
- Receipt of Acknowledgment of Handbook
- Worker’s Compensation Benefits and Forms
- Sexual Harassment Acknowledgment Form
Please read these policies and procedures before filling out a requisition form:
Employee Requisition Form (must be printed on green safety paper, and must open form with Adobe so form can be filled out)
Manuel Valle, Purchasing Supervisor
Jeremy Leswick, Mailroom Clerk
Harper Hall East (Basement)
160 E. 10th Street
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: 909-621-8320 or 909-621-8554
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Purchase movie tickets in the mailroom (cash only please)
Regal / Edwards Cinemas: $9.00 each – no restrictions
AMC Theatres: $10.25 each – no restrictions
Please report all Injuries immediately to Human Resources at email@example.com or Nidia Rivera firstname.lastname@example.org
Trip Reduction Incentive Program for Faculty and Full-Time Staff
If you walk, bicycle, carpool or use public transit, and you are a benefits-based employee, you are eligible to participate.
- $2.00 per day of participation.
- CGU will pay up to $95.00 for a monthly Metrolink pass.
- Carpool matching service: Call Human Resources, Ext. 72461
- Reserved parking for carpool drivers
- Contact us for a carpool-parking permit
- Guaranteed ride home for carpool riders in emergency situations
- For other information or a participation form, contact Virginia Ramirez, Ext. 72461.