Company Reimbursement and Third-Party Sponsors
How to Request:
- Students receiving complete or partial tuition support from their employer or third-party sponsor must submit a Financial Guarantee Letter to the Student Accounts Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, Harper Hall East, as proof of their participation in a tuition support plan.
- The Financial Guarantee Letter must be on appropriate letterhead and signed by an authorized member of the company or organization, other than the student.
- The Financial Guarantee Letter must clearly state the terms and conditions of the tuition support benefit plan, including, but not limited to, the exact percentage and/or dollar amount of coverage, as well as the terms or academic years for which support will be provided.
- The Student Accounts Office will mail an invoice to the employer or sponsor AFTER the add/drop period has taken place.* The employer may then remit payment via credit card, check, money order, or wire transfer.
*All sponsored students must notify the Third-Party Coordinator if there is a change in registration AFTER the add/drop period has passed.)
The Payment Process:
- The student may defer the employer/third-party sponsor portion of payment for up to 60 days from the last day of the term, at no additional cost, with a valid Financial Guarantee Letter.
- The tuition amount deferred is the anticipated payment that will be made by the company or third-party sponsor.
- If tuition support is less than 100%, regular due dates apply to the student’s personal contribution portion. Payment may be made in full at the beginning of the term or the student may elect to enroll in the monthly payment plan at mycgu.edu (log into the portal, select My Finances>My Account Information> Bill-Refund-Payment Plan>Installment Payment Plans.
- It is the responsibility of the student to submit this Financial Guarantee Letter prior to registration for each term. In the event that a student has not secured third-party sponsorship or becomes ineligble, it is the responsibility of the student to pay their account in full.
The following due dates apply to the deferred portion of tuition support which a student expects to receive from their third-party sponsor:
Fall February 16
Spring July 12
Summer October 19
Questions regarding Third-Party Sponsorship should be directed to:
Claremont Graduate University
Office of Student Accounts
150 E. 10th Street
Harper Hall East
Claremont, CA 91711