1098T Form & Educational Tax Credits

In accordance with IRS guidelines, Claremont Graduate University will provide qualified educational charges on the 1098-T Form. Eligible students will be required to consent to receive the form electronically.

Please note, the reported charges are based on the previous calendar year figures. This includes the spring, summer, and fall semesters.

How will I receive my 1098T Form?

  • These forms will be available online the first week of February.
  • You may download the form from MyCGU via the Student Center. Go to your account summary, Select “Account Services” and then “View 1098T” to consent and download form.

Please Note: If you did not provide CGU with a Social Security Number (or you do not have one), you will not have a form available to you. Also, if you have a foreign or non-U.S. mailing address listed as your primary address, you will not have a form available to you. If you have recently obtained an SSN and/or updated your mailing address, please schedule a Change of Information appointment with the Registrar’s Office to update your information. You may then contact the Office of Student Accounts to ask that a 1098-T form be created (once your information has been updated).


Please contact the Office of Student Accounts to:

  • Retrieve additional copies of the 1098T
  • Get general 1098T information

Tax Advice

Although Claremont Graduate University provides the information that appears on your 1098T form, our staff is not qualified to answer any tax-related questions or give tax advice. You are encouraged to contact your individual tax preparer or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Additional Information