The Office of Student Life, Diversity and Leadership (SLDL) manages, and serves as a resource for student organizations. At CGU there is a wide variety of organizations that may meet your academic or social preferences. We strongly recommend that you consider participating in one of our existing student organizations or even create your own! Joining a student organization means joining a community, and having peers who oftentimes become your support group. Through these organizations you also have the opportunity to strengthen and develop your leadership skills by planning, developing, and implementing events on campus or by collaborating with other organizations or campus constituents.
Whether the organization you choose to participate in is discipline related or identity/affinity related; together they encompass a variety of areas to explore.
For more information or to request the contact information of current student organizations, or how to start a new club, please contact the SLDL Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-2023 Clubs and Organizations
- School of Community & Global Health Student Association (SCGH – SA)
- Student Council of Arts & Humanities (SCAH)
- International Student Organization– In line with CGU’s motto, Multa lumina lux una, which translates to “Many flames, one light.” We believe multiple cultures come together to excel in solving meaningful problems! We want to represent and support the education and development of international scholarsof CGU in their journey to attain professional excellence through shared experiences, innovative ideas to navigate graduate life, and voice challenges faced by the international student community on a daily basis.
- PIHRA CGU– PIHRA CGU is a student chapter that is overseen by the Professionals in Human Resource Association (PIHRA). The student chapter aims to help students learn about the many facets of Human Resources so they can be prepared to become a competitive advantage for their organization. Namely, the chapter will offer guest speakers and networking opportunities that seek to foster communication and collaboration between HR professionals and students.
- Association of Womens’ and Gender Studies in Religion – The mission of the AWGSR is to create community at the intersection of Women, Gender and Religion. AWGSR brings together students who are working, studying and acting on unifying those interested in how all religions approach their ideas about women’s involvement at all levels of scholarly and practical application of religion, and addressing the roles that gender plays in religious dialogue. Through social and lecture activities, AWGSR brings students together across all CGU departments to embrace the diversity of religious practice on campus.
- Student Veterans of America– Student Veterans of America® (SVA) elevates the academic, professional, and personal development of veterans in higher education through chapter programs and services, outcomes and impacts research, and advocacy at every level. With a mission focused on empowering student veterans, SVA is committed to providing an educational experience that goes beyond the classroom.
- Queer Graduate Union – The Queer Graduate Union (QGU) is a space for LGBTQIA+ students to share their thoughts and plan actionable ways to better the queer experience at CGU. QGU is a new and growing community looking to plan social events, host panels, share supportive information and opportunities for queer students, and much, much more.
- Basketball Club – Basketball Club is committed to providing an environment for students at the Claremont Colleges to play basketball together. We welcome everyone to play, and encourage a safe and friendly environment for competition.
- CGU Health and Wellness Club – The purpose of the CGU Health and Wellness Club (“HWC”) is to provide an educational and application-based platform for the advancement of health and wellness at CGU for people of all ages and physical abilities. . It is the purpose of this club to create space for students and faculty to participate in physical and therapeutic activities to advance individual physical and mental well-being and in doing so advance the field of positive psychology.
- CGU Hike-a-holics – Hike-a-holics is a hiking club that aims to promote and encourage participation in an active outdoor lifestyle alongside creating an opportunity to discover beautiful spots in California and build up a social network among the Claremont Graduate University students.
Former Clubs and Organizations
- Arts Media LA
- Parent Scholars Club
- CGU Advocates for Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Students for Justice in Palestine
- GenUN Claremont
- GIS Club
- Women in Leadership Association
- Claremont Graduate Christian Fellowship
- Students for Global Peace
- Society for Philosophy & Religion at Claremont
- Soka Gakkai
- PhD Improv Club
- Phenomenal Voices LA
- Graduate Student History Association
- Sister Citizen
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Claremont Korean Student Association
- Latin/x Graduate Student Union
- South Asian Student Association
- Saudi Student Association
- SOC Club
- Soccer Club
- Badminton Club
- CGU Wellness Initiative
- CGU Ping Pong Club