CGU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to act as its agent to manage online and electronic transcript ordering services for students and former students. In addition, the NSC provides CGU’s enrollment and degree verification services to third parties. All NSC services comply with requirements of the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
For more information about the formats of CGU official transcripts and standards of authenticity, please see Authenticity of Official Transcripts section of the Registrar’s website.
The following conditions apply to all transcript requests.
- Prior Consent. Because the signature of the owner of the record is required, requests are not accepted by phone or by e-mail.
- Official Electronic/PDF Transcript. Official electronic/PDF versions of CGU transcripts are only available when ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Expedited Mail Delivery [SEE IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW]. Method is selected by CGU Mail & Duplication Services and may include Federal Express, US Priority Mail, and US Express Mail.
- Rush Processing (additional $10 per order) [SEE IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW]. Standard processing time for transcript orders is 3 to 5 business days. Rush processing means that the order will be processed by the Registrar’s Office faster than other orders during normal business hours. Orders with rush processing received by 12 noon on a regular business day will be processed by 4:30pm the same day. Orders with rush processing that are received after 12 noon or on a weekend/holiday will be processed by 4:30pm the following regular business day. Mail delivery time will not be shortened by selecting rush processing.
Electronic transcripts may only be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via www.nationalstudentclearinghouse.org or getmytranscript.com. Standard processing time is 3 to 5 business days. Rush processing available for an additional fee. Credit card payment required. Note: Electronic transcripts are not available for students who ceased attending or graduated from CGU prior to 1998.
Order through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via www.nationalstudentclearinghouse.org or getmytranscript.com. Standard processing time is 3 to 5 business days. Rush processing available for an additional fee. Credit card payment required. Official paper transcripts may also be ordered in person or by mail using the Transcript Request Form available on the Registrar’s Form Index (check or money order are the only payment forms accepted when using the Transcript Request Form).
Unofficial Transcripts (available for current students only)
Current students may view and print their unofficial transcript through PeopleSoft at any time, provided they do not have any holds on their record which prevent the release of transcripts. Note: Unofficial transcripts are downloads of data from your official academic record. Because these documents do not identify Claremont Graduate University as the source, they are considered unofficial and are not recommended for sharing with or distributing to third parties.
Participants in degree programs at CGU are considered current students regardless if the student has earned a previous degree from CGU. For these individuals, continuing student policies and procedures apply.
Individuals who previously attended CGU, but did not receive a degree, are not considered alumni for the purpose of this policy. These individuals may enroll in summer courses as a Summer Visitor or must petition for reinstatement as a CGU student. If the last semester of enrollment for the former student was five or more years in the past, an application through Admissions is required. Tuition and fees for the semester of enrollment apply for all enrolled and visiting students.
Alumni Enrollment in Courses
Enrollment in courses must be completed before the Add/Drop deadline for regular session announced in the Academic Calendar for the semester of interest.
- Download and complete the Registration Form for Visiting Students (available on the Registrar’s Form Index).
- Permission of the instructor is required for the alumnus to enroll in any course, whether on a graded or audit basis.
- The alumnus’ signature is required on the registration form.
- The completed form is submitted to the academic department. Upon approval, the form is sent to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- Payment of fees is made to Student Accounts.
Alumni are limited to no more than 12 units or three courses on an alumni registration basis. Beyond that, students should return to CGU as a student in a new degree program. Refer to CGU instructions regarding Admission.
Alumni Tuition and Fees
Applicable tuition and fees are available from the Tuition & Fees table on the Student Accounts website. The following provisions apply to alumni who meet the definition above and who are taking classes for personal enrichment; alumni rates are not eligible for students seeking an additional degree at CGU.
- A 50% discount off the current per unit rate applies, provided the total number of enrolled units in the semester is less than 12.
- No discount applies to enrollment in 12 or more units.
- The CGU Student Fee/Technology Fee is required during each semester of enrollment.
- Department aid is not available for non-degree seeking students.
- Refunds, if any, are based upon Add/Drop deadlines posted in the Academic Calendar.
Note: Per federal requirements, financial aid is NOT available to alumni and students in non-degree programs, such as Certificate programs.
Alumni Transcript Records
The CGU transcript is an official record of an individual’s enrollment at the University. When an alumnus is enrolled for courses in a new term, the term is created on the student’s transcript and the course or courses recorded, similar to other CGU courses taken by the student. All grades received are factored into the student’s GPA.
If the alumnus is subsequently admitted as a student, courses taken as an alumnus at the discounted rate may not be counted toward the student’s degree program.