Sprintax Tax Filing Resources
Each tax season CGU current International Students learn more about filing their U.S. federal and state tax returns as well as Form 8843 through Sprintax.
International students may request a code to use with the Sprintax tax software for those filing nonresident tax returns.
Refer to the IRS website for additional information on tax filings.
Questions about FICA Tax Exemption?
Sprintax has a series of tax webinars across the tax filing season and you can find the details and registration links below for each (these are all in EST):
Sprintax 2022 Open Tax Webinars for Filing Season 2021
- Monday March 14th @ 3pm EST – Register here
- Tuesday March 22nd @ 2pm EST – Register here
- Thursday March 31st @ 12pm EST – Register here
- Tuesday April 5th @ 1pm EST – Register here
- Monday April 11th @ 12pm EST – Register here
- Thursday April 14th @ 1pm EST – Register here
The informational webinars cover topics like:
- An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
- Who must file a 2020 US tax return
- What income forms students/scholars may receive
- Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
- We cover terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
- What happens if students don’t file, or misfile
- State tax returns
- IRS stimulus payments
- Sprintax overview
Questions about Investments and Stocks?
Trading Blog: International students and scholars who are involved in investments and stocks can view this Sprintax blog that goes through everything a nonresident needs to know about their trading tax requirements.
The IRS will never contact you by email, text or social media. If the IRS needs information from you, they will contact you by mail only. Learn more about IRS scams here.
Need a 1042-s? Request one through TCCS