Transfer-in Process

Transfer-in students (with an active SEVIS record) do not need to apply for a new visa prior to coming to CGU if the following apply:

  • Their visa is valid at the time of transferring to CGU; or
  • Their F-1 visa expired and they are currently in the United States.

Transfer-in students do not need to pay for a new SEVIS I-901 fee. Transfer-in students must transfer their SEVIS record to CGU in order to stay in status and start a program as CGU.

It is the student’s responsibility to submit a transfer request to their former university’s International Office. Typically, Designated School Officials (DSOs) request an admission letter and a Transfer Out Form in order to release SEVIS records to another school. For reference, CGU’s Campus Code is: LOS214F00805000. To remain in status, an F1 student must transfer their record within the 60 day grace period, and the new program must begin with five months of the program or Optional Practical Training end date.

Students transferring their SEVIS record to CGU should indicate that their SEVIS record will be transferred from another institution.