Web Address for Logging into CGU’s Canvas:
- Users with a CGU user name:
- Users with a guest CGU Canvas account: cgu.instructure.com/login/canvas
- your guest account’s user name is an email address you provided
- if you copy or type in the web address, please be sure to type or copy the ENTIRE web address
- If you have problems logging into Canvas, please see this web page for help.
- System Requirements
- Browser Support
- Canvas Documentation
- How do I get help?
*** You can also contact the Digital Learning Lab for training and consultations.
- How do I use the Canvas for iOS app on my iPhone?
- How do I use the Canvas app on my Android phone?
- CanvasLIVE: free Canvas training and sharing of knowledge via webinars, including recordings of previous webinars
- New Canvas features and enhancements
- Canvas Interface Overview (video)
- How do I publish my course?
- How do I receive notification of the announcements I sent to my students
- Canvas Quickstart Guide
- Canvas Orientation videos
- Canvas Cheatsheet
- Course Setup Checklist
Resources by Course Type
The Sloan Consortium defines the different types of courses in the following way. You can view the full article here.
Web Facilitated courses have 1% to 29% of its content delivered online. This type of course uses web-based technology to facilitate what is essentially a face-to-face course. The course uses a course management system (CMS) or web pages to post the syllabus and readings, for example. Click here to see a list of suggested list of tools for Web Facilitated courses.
Blended/Hybrid courses have 30% to 79% of its content delivered online. This type of course blends online and face-to-face delivery. A substantial proportion of the content is delivered online. The course typically uses online discussions, and typically has some face-to-face meetings. Click here to see a list of suggested tools for Blended/Hybrid courses.