Instead of a new version once in a long while, Canvas makes regular enhancements to their product as they become available. Below are some enhancements or new features that we think are worth noting:
- Differentiated Assignments by Individual: In Assignments, instructors have the flexibility to differentiate assignments between individual students and select which students are required to complete specific tasks. More information is available in the release note.
- Copy of Announcement to Sender: Instructors can set a new notification preference that allows them to receive a copy of all announcements they created. More information is available in the release note – scroll down to the NOTIFICATIONS part of the notes.
- Conferences can now be recorded: Users of the Conferences tool now have the option to record their session. The recording is stored for 14 days. More information is available in the release note.
- New Canvas email tool that includes a subject line: Canvas has introduced a new version of the internal email tool, called Conversations, that now includes a subject line for your emails. However, you MUST opt-in in order to use the new version of the email tool. More information is available in the release notes – scroll down to the CONVERSATIONS part of the notes.
- Gradebook now includes a notes column: Instructors can use a Notes column in their Gradebook to keep track of extra information in their course, such as general student notes. More information is available in the release notes – scroll down to the GRADEBOOK part of the notes.
- Polls for Canvas mobile app: Instructors and students can use this mobile app to collect student opinion in the classroom. More information is available in the release notes.